Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Every business owner wants to save on taxes, and there’s a variety of tax planning strategies available in the US.
In this episode, John and Michael Parise speak with Matthew Kirk from Holland & Knight about an esoteric tax planning strategy that not many American businesses know about. Matthew gives an overview of the tax benefits in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, explains the rationale behind them, and unpacks some of the finer details, cautioning businesses to speak with a proactive financial professional about using this strategy.
- An overview of the tax benefits in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands and the differences between the two
- The rationale for the tax benefits in both US territories
- The importance of discussing the small details and any questions about these jurisdictions with proactive financial professionals
- And more!
Connect with Matthew Kirk:
Connect with John and Michael:
- Copper Beech Financial Group
- LinkedIn: John Parise
- LinkedIn: Michael Parise
- LinkedIn: Copper Beech Financial Group, LLC
- Facebook: Copper Beech Financial Group, LLC
About Our Guest:
Matthew Kirk is a private wealth services attorney in the Holland & Knight’s Atlanta office. Matthew focuses his practice on designing and implementing sophisticated wealth planning and transfer strategies for high-net-worth individuals that often combine objectives of tax minimization, wealth preservation, succession planning, and business planning.