France is one of the world’s largest producers of wine, and is the source of many grape varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc, and Pinot noir.
In this episode, John and Michael Parise sit down with wine investor Tim O’Rourke to examine what sets France apart as a producer of wine and how wine can be a multi-generational business, as well as tips for wine collecting and storage.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How and where Cabernet Sauvignon was initially created
- Why winemaking is a “freelance” creation that depends on the winemaker
- Tim’s take on what determines the cost of wine bottles
- Winemaking as a multi-generational business
- The importance of being “temperature consistent” when storing wines
- And more!
From France to the rest of the world, tune in to find out everything you need to know about the evolution of French wine and champagne!